A doctor explains the symptoms of menopause and how to deal with them. The theme this time is “Aroma”. Recent studies have shown that geranium and rose essential oils have the ability to stimulate estrogen production and alleviate the symptoms of menopause. Take advantage and relax!
Table of contents
- Aroma exerts its effect through scent and absorption through the skin
- The scent of essential oils stimulates the secretion of estrogen.
- Check out the recommended aroma oils for the menopausal generation!
Aroma exerts its effect through scent and absorption through the skin
There are probably many people who use their favorite aroma oils (essential oils, essential oils) on a regular basis, taking baths instead of bath salts, enjoying aromas with aroma candles and aroma diffusers, and so on.
Aromatherapy using aroma oil is used in medical institutions as an alternative medicine in Europe and the United States, and its results have been proven.
There are two mechanisms by which the components of aroma oils affect the human body.
The first is the effect of scent. When you smell the aroma, it works directly on your brain to help you relax and refresh.
In addition, by transmitting scent information to the hypothalamus of the brain, it also affects the function of the endocrine system related to autonomic nerves and hormone secretion. This helps balance the autonomic nervous system, hormones, and the immune system.
Another effect is absorption through the skin. Aroma oil has very fine molecules, and when it is absorbed from the surface of the skin, it reaches the dermis, where it travels through the blood and is absorbed into the body, where it exerts its effects.
To absorb it through the skin, it is recommended to mix it with massage oil and massage your hands and feet. Smell the scent while massaging and absorb the active ingredients through the skin for a high effect.
The scent of essential oils stimulates the secretion of estrogen.
If you are tired and irritated both physically and mentally due to various symptoms of menopause , let’s try aroma oil.
An effective way to use it is to put 1-3 drops of aromatic oil in a washbowl or bowl with hot water so that it produces steam, then close your eyes and breathe slowly while inhaling the scent.
Electric aroma pots and aroma candles are also recommended when you want to easily enjoy the scent. When you go out, you can also put a tissue or cotton pad with 1-2 drops of aroma oil in your bag.
When massaging hands and feet, mix 1 drop of aroma oil with 5 mL of sweet almond oil or macadamia nut oil as a guide.
Recommended aroma oils are rose and geranium. According to research conducted by Nagasaki University , these two aroma oils have been found to have the effect of promoting the secretion of the female hormone estrogen.
Check out the recommended aroma oils for the menopausal generation!
In addition to rose and geranium, there are many other aroma oils recommended for the menopausal generation.
I have a lot of likes and dislikes for scents, so if I don’t like a scent, it will be stressful. Also, the scent you like will change depending on the state of your body that day. At that time, you should choose a scent that you can pin. The recommended aroma oils are:
- Jasmine : A rich, floral scent that is both calming and uplifting. You can also expect the work of adjusting the hormone balance.
- Lavender : A sweet and refreshing scent. It relieves tension and makes you feel calm. It has a warming effect on the body and is effective for swelling, stiff shoulders and neck, headaches, etc.
- Ylang Ylang : A warm tropical scent that is effective in relieving tension and stress. It also helps balance female hormones.
- Clary sage : A gentle hay-like scent that relieves tension, irritation, and anxiety. It enhances the action of female hormones and is recommended for various menopausal disorders.
There are also rosemary, which is effective in promoting blood circulation, peppermint, which relieves discomfort, and orange, which relieves fatigue and brightens the mood.