Saliva is a “natural antiseptic” that can repel bad bacteria that cause periodontal disease, bad breath, and tooth decay. Ms. Saarumi Sakamoto, director of Ginza Namiki-dori Sayumi Orthodontic Dental Clinic 81, will teach you about oral care and how to “sterilize tongue rotation” to make saliva flow out in a total of 5 installments.
Table of contents
- Lack of saliva causes periodontal disease, tooth decay, and bad breath!
- Brushing your teeth and gargling won’t clean your mouth!
- Possibly “Dirty Mouth”!? Mouth Diagnosis Checklist
- This is amazing! The unknown power of saliva
- A lot of saliva comes out! Method and effect of “sterilization tongue turning”
Lack of saliva causes periodontal disease, tooth decay, and bad breath!
“70% of Japanese people have bad breath! This is a shocking fact shown by the survey results (*2) that “about 80% of Japanese people have periodontal disease.”
Our Japanese mouths are in serious trouble now. This is by no means someone else’s business.
Are you aware of the cause? Saliva is becoming more and more difficult to produce due to the daily stress that spreads, the diet that does not chew much, and the deterioration of the mouth due to aging.
Why is it bad if you don’t have enough saliva? In fact, saliva has amazing powers.
Gum disease, tooth decay, and bad breath can be prevented with saliva. Then why does saliva have such power?
*1: Research by the Japan Mouth Association
Brushing your teeth and gargling won’t clean your mouth!
Most of you must be brushing your teeth every day. However, 80% of Japanese people have periodontal disease. Why?
In fact, brushing your teeth or gargling for about 3 minutes at a time will not sufficiently remove the dirt in your mouth. Leftover dirt and food particles breed bad bacteria (periodontal disease bacteria, tooth decay bacteria) and eventually destroy the oral environment…!
However, it is not an easy task to take a long time to polish every corner of your teeth perfectly.
Maybe your mouth is a “dirty mouth” full of bad bacteria.
First of all, please know the state of your mouth with the checklist.
Possibly “Dirty Mouth”!? Mouth Diagnosis Checklist
From the checklist below, count the number of items that apply.
- Bad alignment of teeth. I have gaps in my teeth.
- Occasionally, I find that I have food stuck between my teeth.
- There are times when the inside of the mouth is sticky.
- When I look at my tongue in the mirror, I see something like moss on it.
- I’ve been told once that I have bad taste in my mouth.
- I like sweets (sugars) and carbohydrates.
- Swallowing food without chewing too much.
- I have a habit of breathing through my mouth.
- Gums may bleed.
- Teeth are often sore.
- I have cavities and loose teeth.
- Brush your teeth only once a day.
- When you lick it with your tongue, the surface of your teeth feels rough or slimy.
- Gums are thin and receding.
- Never use interdental brushes or floss.
- Brushing teeth takes about 1-3 minutes each time.
- I don’t have the habit of brushing my teeth after eating.
- Do not brush your teeth after waking up or before going to bed.
Click here for the diagnosis result of the checklist!
▼Those who have at least 1 within 3
are “dirty mouth” reserves. If you pay attention to your oral health and lifestyle habits, you should be fine for a while. But don’t let your guard down. The path to “beautiful mouth” is to create an oral environment that allows more saliva to be secreted while maintaining the current lifestyle. It may be time to get checked at the hospital to see if you have a “beautiful mouth”.
▼ 4 to 9
Even if there is no serious trouble in the mouth at the moment, “dirty mouth” is progressing steadily. Haven’t you had a lot of dental check-ups recently? First of all, you need to brush your teeth thoroughly and take measures to keep your mouth clean and full of saliva.
▼ 10 or more
There is a possibility that it is already a severe “dirty mouth”. It is important to review your lifestyle from the ground up. In order to live a long and healthy life, be sure to practice the methods introduced in this book to repel “dirty mouth”. See your dentist early and visit your dentist regularly.
How was it? Some of you may be shocked that “dirty mouth” is not someone else’s problem. However, it is “saliva” that saves us.
Not only does saliva wash away bad bacteria, but the antibacterial substances contained in saliva kill bad bacteria and increase the good bacteria (lactic acid bacteria) in the mouth, thereby preventing periodontal disease, tooth decay, and bad breath. .
This is amazing! The unknown power of saliva
1. Kill only bad bacteria and keep good bacteria alive
Commercially available mouthwash kills not only bad bacteria but also good bacteria. Only saliva, a natural antiseptic, can kill only bad bacteria.
2. W power of smooth saliva and sticky saliva
There are two types of saliva, “smooth” and “sticky”. The smooth saliva has a strong antibacterial effect, and the sticky saliva has a moisturizing effect and also plays a role in removing germs.
3. Improve oral flora by increasing lactic acid bacteria
Antibacterial substances in saliva kill bad bacteria, and good bacteria grow in the empty space, keeping the oral environment beautiful.
4. Maintaining a natural pH balance in the mouth
Disturbance in pH value is a major cause of tooth decay. Producing plenty of saliva helps keep the pH level in your mouth just right.
So how can we get more saliva? The method is “sterilization tongue turning”.
A lot of saliva comes out! Method and effect of “sterilization tongue turning”
Sterilization tongue turning is actually very easy. Just close your mouth and turn the tongue multiple times for 1 minute each time. Saliva will slowly come out, and after a minute you will feel the saliva build up inside your lower jaw.
Rotate the tongue all the way from the top to the bottom of your mouth. Rotate on both the front and back of your gums.
*Please close your mouth (the illustration shows the inside of your mouth for clarity). Details on how to do this will be introduced in Part 3 of this series.
Coco of sterilization tongue turning is amazing!
- Both dry saliva and sticky saliva come out.
- The three major fluid glands can be stimulated at once!
- It can also eliminate periodontal disease bacteria hidden deep in the gums.
- Since the tongue is trained, it becomes easier to produce saliva with each passing day.
- It’s easy because you can do it while walking. You can do it anywhere without being noticed, such as on the train or during a meeting.
Furthermore, preventing periodontal disease is also creating a body that does not get sick. Recent studies have shown that periodontal disease causes systemic diseases such as: It is said that periodontal disease bacteria and their toxins spread throughout the body.
- Diabetes, cerebral infarction
- Osteoporosis, low birth weight childbirth
- aspiration pneumonia
In addition, tongue turning has a great effect on beauty! Since the tongue is a mass of muscles, it develops through training. As a result, the jaw line is tightened and the corners of the mouth are raised to create a youthful face. Next time, I will introduce how saliva comes out when you turn the tongue .
*This article is a partial excerpt from the dentist Saarumi Sakamoto’s ” 1 minute ‘Sterilization tongue rotation’ ” (Ascom Co., Ltd. / 1200 yen, tax not included).
Introducing the author’s original tongue turning that produces saliva with strong bactericidal power. It repels bacteria and viruses, so in addition to increasing immunity, it prevents periodontal disease, bad breath, and tooth decay. Oral care that only brushes teeth is old! This is a book that reaffirms the effects of “natural antiseptic” saliva.