Repel subcutaneous fat in areas of concern such as thighs, buttocks, calves, stomach, and upper arms with a cellulite massage! We also introduce 6 massage methods that lead to the removal and prevention of bumpy cellulite and measures you want to take together. We will explain in detail under the supervision of experts.
Table of contents
- Supervisor Profile: Shion Mizuno, Beauty Sculptor
- What is cellulite?
- Causes of cellulite
- Can cellulite be treated with massage?
- Get rid of cellulite! 6 massage methods
- How to remove cellulite without massage
- Improve and prevent cellulite with massage!
- Editorial department recommendation! cellulite massage goods
Supervisor Profile: Shion Mizuno, Beauty Sculptor
In Ginza, she runs a beauty salon specializing in beauty modeling (R) fascia release, which specializes in the constriction of women in their 40s and 50s . You can create a sharp body immediately, and it is a hot topic among women with a high sense of beauty because it is highly durable. She currently presides over an online beauty salon that aims to make her own constricted body, and in a year, more than 1000 women have succeeded in creating a constricted body online. She also runs YouTube.
What is cellulite?
Cellulite is a condition in which the skin looks uneven due to hardened fat cells and fibrous tissue. It is also called “orange peel skin” because it looks like an orange peel.
When coldness or poor blood circulation occurs, waste products cling to fat cells, causing them to swell and become cellulite. Cellulite is more likely to form in fat-prone areas such as the thighs, buttocks, and abdomen.
Cellulite is a lumpy appearance, but it is not possible because it is obese, and cellulite is often seen in lean people.
Causes of cellulite
The five main causes of cellulite are :
- Poor blood circulation
- disorder of the autonomic nervous system
- Lack of exercise
We cannot take care of things like aging or heredity, but we can take care of poor blood circulation, autonomic nervous system disturbances, and lack of exercise. Let’s take care not to create or increase cellulite.
Can cellulite be treated with massage?
Massage has the effect of improving the flow of blood and lymph. You can expect to reduce cellulite by promoting the discharge of waste products accumulated in the body.
Can you do self care? cellulite level check
Whether or not you can self-care for existing cellulite with massage, etc., depends on how far the cellulite has progressed and the level of progress.
- Level 1:
Hardly conspicuous If cellulite is barely noticeable, it is recommended to prevent cellulite through massage, exercise, and a nutritionally balanced diet.
- Level 2: Lightly bumpy
If your skin is lightly bumpy, cellulite is starting to form and you may feel uneven skin tone. Early care with massage, etc.
- Level 3: It’s uneven like an orange peel
If cellulite progresses to the point where you can see it without touching it, your skin may lose its firmness and luster. It is thought that a considerable amount of waste is accumulated, so steady care is required.
- Level 4: The skin is wavy and bumpy If the
bumps are large and the skin surface feels cold, it may be difficult to improve with self-care. If you want to remove cellulite, in addition to self-care with massage, consider care such as cosmetic medicine.
How long does it take for cellulite removal massage to work?
Once cellulite is formed, it is difficult to remove.
However, continuing the massage will improve blood circulation and promote the discharge of waste products, so it can be expected to have cellulite prevention effects and swelling elimination effects. If you are concerned about cellulite, it is recommended that you continue to massage steadily.
It is NG to crush cellulite with a roller or massage
As a way to remove cellulite, you may see methods such as “ crushing cellulite with a special roller or massage ” and “ strong pressure or rubbing ”, but this is an NG method.
Massage to crush cellulite is painful and can cause bruising due to internal bleeding. In addition, cellulite may increase in the process of healing internal bleeding, so avoid massage that applies excessive force.
Whether it is a massage using goods such as rollers or a massage by hand, it is important to do it to the extent that it does not hurt.
Get rid of cellulite! 6 massage methods
Lymphatic massage is effective in reducing cellulite. Lymph spreads throughout the body and plays a role in filtering waste products. When the flow of lymph is stagnant, waste products accumulate, which can cause not only cellulite and swelling, but also dullness and dark circles on the face.
Stimulate your lymph nodes with lymphatic massage and create a body that is less likely to accumulate waste products.
From here, we will introduce how to do a lymphatic massage that leads to the removal and prevention of cellulite. In addition, when massaging cellulite or lymphatic massage, be sure to use oil or cream to avoid straining your skin.
For the thighs, which are prone to cellulite, divide them into front, inner, and outer parts and massage them carefully.
- After applying cream or oil to the thighs, place both hands on the base of the thighs and squeeze from top to bottom.
- From the inside of the knee to the root of the inner thigh with both hands, flow outward through the last groin.
- Sink the outside of the knee to the base of the outer thigh, and then go inside. Do this 3-5 times
- do the same on the other side
The calves are also prone to cellulite. Let’s wash away waste products with massage and prevent cellulite.
- Sit on the floor and bend your knees, then make a circle with both hands and run from your ankles to your knees.
- Place both hands on the lower calf Achilles tendon and alternately move them to the back of the knee.
- do the same on the other side
The buttocks are also a place where fat easily accumulates and gets cold easily, so cellulite is easy to stand out. Even if you are not so concerned about cellulite, it is recommended that you take care of it with massage and kneading.
- With one hand, move from the thigh to the waist and rub upward 5 times
- With one hand, rub from the buttocks toward the base of the front thigh 5 times
- do the same on the other side
Let’s repel cellulite around the stomach with a massage.
- Rub five times downward from the navel toward the pubic bone
- Using both hands, rub 5 times from the plexus toward the left and right flanks
- Place the pads of the fingers of both hands on the sides of the navel and rub them five times in a circular motion.
- Rub 5 times from the left and right flanks toward the center of the abdomen
People who suffer from stiff shoulders, stiff neck, and poor circulation may have poor blood circulation, and their upper arms tend to become thicker due to fat and cellulite. Let’s wash away the waste products of the upper arm with a massage.
- Grasp the wrist with one hand and slowly slide the upper arm and armpit in that order.
- Insert the four fingers on the opposite side into the concave part of the armpit and rub the base of the arm with your thumb.
- Do this 5 times on each side
The ankle, which is far from the heart, is prone to poor blood circulation and waste products tend to accumulate. Don’t forget to massage your ankles too.
- Grasp the ankle with the thumb and index finger of both hands
- Rub in a circular motion around the ankle. do this about 20 times
- Do the same with the other ankle
How to remove cellulite without massage
In order to improve and prevent cellulite, it is recommended to combine methods other than massage. From here, I will introduce how to remove cellulite other than massage.
Myofascial release is performed by putting two tennis balls in stockings and tying them to the mouth. Below, we will introduce the fascia release method of the buttocks.
- Lie on your back with your knees up
- Place a tennis ball in a stocking just to the right of your sacrum (the large triangular bone at the bottom of your spine), apply a slow load, and move the tennis ball up and down in small increments.
- Bend your right knee outward and slowly move the tennis ball outward.
- Bend your body to the right side so that the tennis ball is next to your buttocks.
- With your left knee upright and your right knee extended, slowly apply a load and move the tennis ball up and down little by little.
- do the same on the other side
For those who cannot use a tennis ball because it is too painful, foam rollers or other rollers can be used.
I will show you how to use the thigh foam roller.
- Lie on your side and place the roller under your outer thigh
- Put your weight in that state and wait for a while
- Once you get used to it, move your body up and down
- Do the same for the back of the thigh, the front thigh, and the other side.
warm the body
Warming up the body improves blood flow and facilitates the flow of waste products. You can expect a higher effect if you soak in the bath slowly to warm up your body and then massage it.
Also, if you keep your body cool on a daily basis, your metabolism will increase and you can prevent fat from accumulating.
Stretching also helps improve blood flow in the body. By stretching on a daily basis, you will be able to create a body that allows waste products to flow easily. Since the thigh muscles are the largest muscles in the body, it is recommended to stretch the areas of concern, focusing on the thighs.
make a habit of exercising
Lack of exercise can cause body cold and swelling. Aerobic exercise such as walking and jogging is effective against cellulite. However, keep in mind that exercising too vigorously can also increase cellulite, so keep a comfortable pace.
It takes about 30 to 60 minutes as a guideline, but you can do it at your own pace without overdoing it. Let’s continue to have fun so that it becomes a habit.
In order to prevent and improve cellulite, it is also recommended to consume foods that are effective in eliminating swelling and foods that are effective in increasing metabolism.
Potassium has the effect of discharging excess water in the body, and can be expected to eliminate swelling and prevent swelling. Seaweeds such as cucumbers, celery, bananas, wakame and hijiki are rich in potassium.
Protein is also essential for boosting metabolism. Protein is also a nutrient that builds muscle, so people who are dieting or losing weight should actively take it, not just to remove cellulite. Protein is abundant in meat, fish, soy products, and eggs.
Care in aesthetic medicine
If cellulite left unattended for a long time becomes fibrotic cellulite (cellulite formed by collagen fibers entwining around fat cells), it may be difficult to improve with self-care such as massage.
In such cases, you should consider removing it by treatment at a beauty clinic. Methods of removing cellulite through cosmetic medicine include:
- fat dissolving injection
- Laser fat melting
- Treatment using a medical slimming machine
- shock wave therapy
- cavitation etc.
Improve and prevent cellulite with massage!
Lymphatic massage can be expected to have the effect of promoting the discharge of waste products and improving blood circulation, so it is recommended for those who want to remove cellulite.
It is important to prevent cellulite, which cannot be easily removed once it is formed, by performing care such as massage. However, if friction occurs, it will be a burden on the skin, so be sure to use oil or cream when massaging.